Hexagon Cowl


I finished my Hexagon Cowl out of this exuburent Kroy sock yarn that I got.  It’s combination of orange, pink, and purples was so happy, I had to get it.

blog2012.07.28 ph03

I used a modified version of Lucy from Attic24’s pattern.  I can’t find the link to the site where I got the variation.  I finished it by doing a round of single crochet along the edges, and then the crab stitch.  It gave it a stiffer, very finished edge. Thanks Molly for the advice!

  blog2012.07.28 ph02I used the join-as-you-go method.  I really like the end result.  It was kindof nice to have the project pretty much finished when I was done doing the last motif.  I did my own version of the Magic Circle as well.  I’ve found the traditional magic circle to come apart and unravel the motif from the middle (this is the issue I’ve been dealing with  my Babette that I made my fiance. It’s been coming undone, and I’m still repairing it!), anyways, I cut a piece of contrasting yarn, make a circle with it and start my motif as I would in the regular magic circle, however since this is just a length of yarn, when I tighten it I can knot the two ends and it won’t come undone, at all.

blog2012.07.28 ph04

I used 24 motifs, 8 in 3 rows. 🙂

blog2012.07.28 ph05

🙂

blog2012.07.28 ph01

Still, still, working on the daisies!

Advertisements
This entry was posted in I make stuff and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s