I didn’t have a very productive weekend, so I have a lot of catch-up to do this week. I decided I really needed to tackle the growing pile of mending. Especially since I started to get worried that my kids were outgrowing those clothes! haha! There is mainly jeans with their knees blown out. Not a surprise really.
So I started with the pair that hasn’t been mended at all yet. Using an outgrown t-shirt I patched the knees with the hawiiaian flowers. I sew an old sock or stretchy material on the inside as well. To re-inforce the mending and also so that the “pretty” side lasts a little longer.
I’ve got 3 or 4 more pairs to go for Rhiannon (who obviously crawls around a lot), and a couple for Jake. His are less exciting being a popped button or 2.
I also found a paper-piecing WIP that I really need to finish. I’ll share that when it’s done. 🙂
I hope to start stocking my shop with my paper bead jewelery and button jewelery this week, so keep an eye out!